Freshco have developed a programme called GREENgro. This programme is based around four key elements and practices:
1) Sustainable Growing
2) Reduced chemicals with Nil Residue target
3) Food Safety (HACCP)
4) Good Agricultural Practice which covers all EUREPGAP criteria
When these practises are in place and independently verified, our customers can be assured of the quality, integrity and safety of our produce and that the production systems are sustainable and responsible.
GREENgro CODE OF PRACTICE
A Code of Practice has been developed for all of Freshco's suppliers.
The GREENgro Code of Practice covers the following:
1. Pesticides - Freshco's desire is to supply residue free produce. Under GREENgro we operate a residue-testing programme that ensures safe, wholesome produce for the customer. A Nil residue standard has been developed which covers:
2. Food Safety - The GREENgro programme is based upon the principles of HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) and assures our produce is safe in respect of the hygienic and nutritional quality, and free from biological, chemical and physical contaminants. HACCP principles are used to control adverse effects on any part of the production system.
3. Environment - Freshco requires that GREENgro production and post harvest operations have established environmental management systems.